Employee State Insurance (ESI) and Provident Fund (PF) are two crucial employee benefits that ensure the financial stability of employees in India. Both schemes are initiated by the Government of India to provide social security to employees.
Protect your business and its assets with our comprehensive insurance coverage - giving you peace of mind and security for the future.
Your satisfaction is our top priority!
10,000+ success stories and counting! Join our happy customers who have benefited from our expertise.
Get Enrolled Under ESI & PF
Important for an Employee to get enrolled under ESI & PF! more
Essential Documents for Enrollment
Ensure a hassle-free Employee State Insurance and Provident Fund Services process with these required documents! more
Why to Choose India Advocacy?
India Advocacy offers various benefits to employees! more
India Advocacy is a term used to describe efforts to improve the implementation of ESI and PF schemes in India. This may include advocacy for better coverage, higher benefits, and more effective enforcement of the schemes.
No, employees cannot opt out of ESI and PF schemes if they are eligible for them. However, employees who earn more than the prescribed limit for ESI can opt out of the scheme with the agreement of their employer.
Employers who fail to comply with ESI and PF schemes may be subject to penalties and legal action. This can include fines, imprisonment, and suspension of business operations.
Why Choose Us ?
Helping entrepreneurs turn ideas into businesses over 10,000+ times.
Offering customers compliance and advisory
legal solutions across India.
Hours Legal Advice
Get Clarity on Your Legal Matters Schedule Your call for Legal Advice Now!
Nikita Kumari Agra, UP
I recently availed the ESI and PF services from India Advocacy and I must say that I am extremely impressed with their services. The team was very professional and efficient in handling my requirements. They explained the entire process to me in detail and made sure that all my queries were answered.
Shivam Bansal Sonipath, Haryana
The documentation and paperwork were handled smoothly, and I didn't have to worry about a thing. The team kept me informed at every step and ensured that the process was completed within the promised timeline.
MD.Ajeem Ansari Gajipur, UP
I would highly recommend India Advocacy to anyone looking for ESI and PF services. Their expertise and attention to detail are truly commendable, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you, India Advocacy, for your excellent services!
Chat with our expert and take the right step
Get the right guidance with a expert by your side.
Why is it important for an Employee to get enrolled under ESI & PF?
Getting enrolled under the Employee State Insurance (ESI) and Provident Fund (PF) schemes is important for employees for several reasons, including:
● Health benefits: ESI provides health benefits to employees and their dependents, including medical treatment, maternity benefits, disability benefits, and more.
● Retirement benefits: PF is a retirement benefits scheme that helps employees save money for their post-retirement years. This scheme ensures that employees have a financial cushion after they retire.
● Social security: Both ESI and PF provide social security to employees. These schemes offer financial protection to employees and their families in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
● Legal compliance: Under the law, employers must register their employees under ESI and PF schemes. Therefore, employees who are registered under these schemes are legally compliant.
● Better job opportunities: Many companies prefer to hire employees who are already registered under these schemes. This is because it saves the company time and effort in registering the employee, and it also shows that the employee is serious about their job and committed to their career.
Overall, enrolling under the ESI and PF schemes is a smart move for employees, as it provides them with health and retirement benefits, social security, and legal compliance, and can improve their job opportunities.
What are the documents required for enrolling into Employee State Insurance and Provident Fund?
The documents required for enrolling into Employee State Insurance (ESI) and Provident Fund (PF) schemes may vary depending on the jurisdiction and specific requirements of the authorities. However, some of the commonly required documents are:
● Identity proof: Aadhaar card, voter ID, passport, or any other government-issued identity card.
● Address proof: Aadhaar card, driving license, passport, or any other government-issued address proof.
● Bank account details: Bank account number and IFSC code.
● Family details: Names, dates of birth, and other details of family members who will be covered under ESI.
● Business registration documents: Proof of business registration, such as the certificate of incorporation, partnership deed, or sole proprietorship registration.
It's always a good idea to check with the relevant authorities to confirm the exact list of documents required for enrolling into ESI and PF schemes.
Employee State Insurance :
ESI is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. It was introduced in 1952 by the Government of India to provide medical and cash benefits to employees and their dependents. ESI is administered by the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
The latest amendment to the ESI Act was made in March 2021. According to the amendment, now ESI is applicable to all establishments employing ten or more employees, irrespective of their salary. Earlier, it was applicable only to establishments employing 20 or more employees with a salary of up to Rs. 21,000.
Benefits of Employee State Insurance :
ESI offers various benefits to employees, which are as follows:
● Medical Benefits: ESI provides medical benefits to employees and their dependents, including parents. The scheme covers expenses incurred on hospitalization, medicines, diagnostic tests, and specialist consultations.
● Sickness Benefit: In case of sickness or injury, an employee can avail of the sickness benefit for a maximum of 91 days. The benefit is equivalent to 70% of the employee's average daily wage.
● Maternity Benefit: ESI provides maternity benefits to female employees. The benefit is payable for 26 weeks and is equivalent to 100% of the employee's average daily wage.
● Disablement Benefit: In case of permanent or temporary disablement due to an employment injury, an employee is entitled to a disablement benefit. The benefit is paid monthly and is equivalent to 90% of the employee's average daily wage.
Provident Fund :
PF is a retirement benefits scheme initiated by the Government of India to provide financial security to employees after retirement. It is governed by the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
The latest amendment to the PF Act was made in August 2021. According to the amendment, the rate of interest on PF deposits has been increased from 8.5% to 9.5%. The scheme is applicable to employees who earn a salary of up to Rs. 15,000 per month. Under this scheme, both the employee and the employer contribute to the employee's PF account. Under the Provident Fund (PF) scheme, both the employer and employee make contributions towards the employee's PF account. The current contribution rate for PF is 12% of the employee's basic salary plus dearness allowance (DA).
It's important to note that the contribution rate and other rules related to PF are subject to change, and it's always a good idea to stay updated with the latest regulations.
Benefits of Provident Fund
PF offers various benefits to employees, which are as follows:
● Retirement Benefit: PF provides a lump sum amount to employees after retirement. The amount is equivalent to the employee's contribution along with the interest earned on it.
● Death Benefit: In case of the death of an employee, the nominee is entitled to the entire amount in the PF account.
● Withdrawal Benefit: An employee can withdraw the PF amount in case of financial emergencies like medical treatment, marriage, or the education of children.
India Advocacy Employee State Insurance and Provident Fund Services.
India Advocacy is a legal service provider in India that offers a range of services related to Employee State Insurance (ESI) and Provident Fund (PF). Here are some of the services offered by India Advocacy in relation to ESI and PF:
● Legal advice and consultation: India Advocacy provides legal advice and consultation related to ESI and PF compliance and regulations.
● Registration and compliance: India Advocacy assists companies with the registration process for ESI and PF and ensures compliance with the relevant regulations.
● Dispute resolution: India Advocacy represents clients in disputes related to ESI and PF, including hearings before authorities such as the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
● Audits and investigations: India Advocacy conducts audits and investigations related to ESI and PF compliance to ensure that clients are meeting their obligations under the law.
● Training and education: India Advocacy offers training and education on ESI and PF compliance for company personnel and HR teams.
Compliance services offered by India Advocacy :
India Advocacy offers a range of compliance services related to Employee State Insurance (ESI) and Provident Fund (PF) for businesses in India. Some of the compliance services offered by India Advocacy include:
● ESI registration: India Advocacy assists companies with the registration process for ESI, including filing the necessary forms and obtaining the ESI number.
● PF registration: India Advocacy helps businesses register with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) and obtain the PF code number.
● Maintenance of records: India Advocacy helps businesses maintain records related to ESI and PF compliance, including records of contributions, payments, and employee details.
● Filing of returns: India Advocacy helps companies file their ESI and PF returns on time, ensuring compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
● Compliance audit: India Advocacy conducts compliance audits to ensure that businesses are meeting their ESI and PF compliance obligations and identifies areas of non-compliance.
● Legal representation: India Advocacy provides legal representation to businesses in case of disputes with ESI or PF authorities, ensuring that their rights are protected.
Overall, India Advocacy offers comprehensive compliance services related to ESI and PF, aimed at helping businesses stay compliant with the relevant laws and regulations and avoid any potential legal or financial consequences.
Looking for a reliable and trustworthy legal service provider to help you with your ESI and PF compliance needs? Look no further than India Advocacy!
With years of experience and expertise in providing legal services related to ESI and PF compliance, India Advocacy is your one-stop shop for all your compliance needs. Our team of legal experts can assist you with ESI and PF registration, maintenance of records, filing of returns, compliance audits, and legal representation, ensuring that you stay compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
By partnering with India Advocacy, you can rest assured that you are in safe hands. We are committed to providing high-quality legal services that are tailored to meet your specific needs and requirements. Our team of legal experts is always up-to-date with the latest regulations and guidelines related to ESI and PF compliance, ensuring that you stay ahead of the curve.
So, if you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy legal service provider to help you with your ESI and PF compliance needs, look no further than India Advocacy. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you stay compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
Select your state below for a representative sample document(s). Click on the link to view
and/or download the document. Your final forms, documents and filings may differ depending on
your state. NOTE: You will need Adobe® Acrobat Reader to view
Download the latest version